Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Resolution Update #4

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: 58%, poor

A. Go to the gym once a week: 4/4 (100%)
B. Stretch once a week: 2/4 (50%)
C. Drink one glass of green tea a week: 1/4 (25%)

I was on vacation the first week of April, and then had to get back into the swing of things...

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 56%, poor

A. Write in my journal once a week: 4/4 (100%)
B. Meditate once a week: 1/4 (25%)
C. Only spend one hour on the internet every weekday, at home: 7/16 (44%)

Guilty again...

Resolution #3: See a movie a month in theaters
Result: Success!

Last month I saw Think Like a Man. It was your typical chick flick, everyone-ends-up-happy-with-a-boyfriend-at-the-end type movie; the only difference was that Michael Ealy was in this one. YUM.

Resolution #4: Buy one piece of clothing a month
Result: Success!

Yay for new clothes! I went to Target last weekend and picked up a cute green stripey scarf and new green cardigan.

Resolution #5: Read two books per month
Result: Resounding success!

I was feeling nostalgic for some of the books I own, and decided to re-read the last half of the Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging series by Louise Rennison. Here we go: Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers, Startled By His Furry Shorts, Love is a Many Trousered Thing, Stop in the Name of Pants, and Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?. They're the diaries of a teenage English girl navigating boys, friends, and school, and are VERY silly, but VERY funny. I recommend them if you're interested in that sort of thing.

While on vacation I read another children/young adult book titled Tuesdays At the Castle, by Jessica Day George. I found this book in my local bookstore and it looked lovely and had all the right tropes: magical castle, young heroine, evil usurper, etc. It was good and kept me entertained, but it wasn't awesome. Again, another good read if you like this sort of thing.

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via Excel
Result: Success!

The good news is that I spent slightly less than I did in March, but more than I did in February and January, with eating out being the biggest category.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Excellent. I'm always cruising Target's clearance racks--they have some good stuff! Those books sound like fun. I need some entertaining, quick reads, since I am unable to put down a book once I start!

Unknown said...

P.S. The app "mint.com" is AMAZING for keeping track of finances. I'm a full fledged believer. Also - I LOVED Think Like A Man. Giggled through most of it. :)