Sunday, May 12, 2013

Resolution Update #4

I'm horribly late with this post (for April), but here it is.

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: 167% (amazing)

A. Go to the gym once a week: 7/4 (175%!!)
B. Stretch once a week: 1/4 (25%)
C. Drink a glass of green tea once a week: 12/4 (300%!)

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 62.5% (horrible)

A. Write in my journal once a week: 5/4 (125%!)
B. Meditate twice a month: 0/2 (0%)

Resolution #3: See one movie a month in theater
Result: Fail

Resolution #4: Buy one piece of clothing per month
Result: Success!

In April I bought a skirt, two dresses (both extremely cute!), and two tank tops.

Resolution #5: Read three books a month
Result: Success!

In April I read Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman; What I know Now: Letters to My Younger Self by Ellyn Spragins, which I was hoping would be moving and inspiring, but which was only kind-of interesting. However, it inspired me to write a letter to my younger self (aged about 21), which I may share one day; and The Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes, also by Neil Gaiman, which checks off my goal of a graphic novel.

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via Excel
Result: Success

I tracked my spending in April, which was, miraculously, the cheapest month of the year thus far. I may have forgotten a piece of clothing, though.

Monthly Goal: Take a city tour
Result: Fail

I almost completed this goal, but then decided I didn't want to go on a tour alone, and no one wanted to go with me. I still plan to take a tour sometime later this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leave the tour to go on with me. :-) Also - way to GO on the exercise!