Monday, September 2, 2013

Resolution Update #8 (but really 6)

I've had an unintended hiatus from my blog, mostly due to laziness, but with a bit of too-much-summer-fun thrown in. But back to it: here's August.

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: 225% (this might be the highest I've ever gotten)

A. Go to the gym once a week: 8/4 (200%!! I'm kind of a gym-whiz now)
B. Stretch once a week: 1/4 (25%; I'm less of a stretching-whiz, but though I do stretch a bit every time I go to the gym, it's not full-body, takes-forty-five-minutes stretching)
C. Drink a glass of green tea once a week: 18/4 (450%!)

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 50%

A. Write in my journal once a week: 4/4 (100%!)
B. Meditate twice a month: 0/4 (0%)

Resolution #3: See one movie a month in theater
Result: Success!!

I saw two movies in August: The World's End and Austenland. TWE was surprisingly good; I'm not a huge fan of the Simon Pegg-genre of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but TWE I enjoyed.

I was reeeeeeally hoping Austenland would be good, because what's not to love? Keri Russell as a charmingly addicted Jane Austen fan, who goes to a Jane Austen-land theme park. It should have been chick-flick at it's best, but it, alas, sucked. It hit every bad stereotype and trope, with no redeeming factors: the story and editing were bad, and was just too stereotypical to be cute. I was sad, it had looked so promising. I should have taken it as a sign that I missed the first movie time due to traffic, and had to wait around two hours until the next show.   

Resolution #4: Buy one piece of clothing per month
Result: Fail

Surprising! No clothes in August.

Resolution #5: Read three books a month
Result: Success

It Ends With Revelations by Dodie Smith, Tik-Tok of Oz by L. Frank Baum, and Stonewords and Zoe Rising by Pam Conrad.

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via Excel
Result: Success

It was a success, but grudgingly so: my poor pile of receipts grew and grew until the end of the month when I finally had to log them all for fear of losing my desk amid the paper. I ate out too much in August, well over $200, which I have been trying to keep as my limit.

1 comment:

LLandL said...

I want reviews on these books you're reading! Please?!