Sunday, September 22, 2013

September Update

It's fall! Sad face that summer is over, but fall brings good things: winter squash, sweet potatoes, warm, snuggly clothes, cups of tea, extra blankets, apples.

September has been pretty quiet for me, though I did sign up for an art class through December. It's called Intro to Acrylic, and though I don't need an intro class, I hope that it will provide a time and space for me to be creative, and provide some direction. If I don't hate everything I paint, I may post here.

In August I spent a few hours at the Air and Water Show, my first time. It was so cool! There were a ton of people, but the views were pretty good and the stunts too cool not to show.

Parachuters

Smoke trails from plane stunts

Some family friends are visiting Chicago for the month of September, and it's fun having them here and showing them around, as well as visiting places that I haven't yet gotten to (Robie House). We went to the Cultural Center, which I've decided is my second favorite building in Chicago, after Trump Tower. Below are some pictures from one of the current exhibits.

Wall of changing colors
 
A floor mat that represented shadows in different colors
 
The view west from Lake Shore, crossing the river (from a double-decker tourist bus)

This week I leave for Salt Lake City to visit my cousin! I'm so excited for a holiday and to spend time with her! :-)

No comments: