Monday, May 28, 2012

Container Garden

Last weekend was Hyde Park's annual Garden Fair. I stopped by to get plants and compost, and by the end of the day my summer container garden was ready to go!

This year I'm trying cilantro, basil, lettuce, spinach, and (forthcoming) tomatoes. I also bought a wildflower for the butterflies. I moved my other plants outside to enjoy the sun, too!

Top: basil, lettuce
Bottom: cyclamen, jade, pothos, spider plant with creeping charlie

A caterpillar got to my first two lettuces! Hopefully they'll bounce back

From left: pothos, spinach and lettuce, nodding onion, spider plant

My pretty balcony!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe! I love your pretty balcony! Hopefully one day I'll get to SEE it in REAL LIFE! lol

Mary said...

Impressive! You are quite the urban gardener!