Saturday, June 2, 2012

Resolution Update #5

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: 75% overall (not bad)

A. Go to the gym once a week: 6/4 (150%!!!)
B. Stretch once a week: 3/4 (75%)
C. Drink a glass of green tea a week: 0/4 (0%)

Must get better at drinking tea!!

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 75% overall (not bad)

A. Write in my journal once a week: 6/4 (150%!!!)
B. Meditate once a week: 3/4 (75%)
C. Only spend one hour on the internet every week day: 0/23 (0%)

I've really got to start tracking my internet use...

Resolution #3: See one movie a month in theater
Result: Fail

Resolution #4: Buy one piece of clothing per month
Result: Resounding success!!!

Wow! I bought A LOT of clothes this month! I surprised even myself. (Note: many women probably won't see this as "a lot" of clothes, but for me it is!) This month I bought a pair of shoes (desperately needed), two shirts, five tank tops, a dress, and a pair of jeans. Yay clothes! It's bad though, because I've whetted my shopping appetite and now want to shop more, especially for cute summer stuff.

Resolution #5: Read two books per month
Result: Resounding success!

This month I stuck exclusively to reading Newbery Award winners. The first good one was Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis, about an orphaned black boy in Michigan trying to find his dad.

The other good one was about a crippled medieval boy who befriends a monk and learns about opportunities, called The Door in the Wall by Marguerite De Angeli.

The last book I read was titled Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voigt, and I didn't like it at all. It's a coming-of-age story about a young teenage girl who has three younger siblings she has had to take care of due to their mother's sickness and consequent hospitalization. The story follows Dicey as she and her siblings move to a different state to live with their grandmother. This book was by far the longest to read, and seemed to drag by. It was also the sequel to a previous book, and I might have liked it better had I read them both (but I'm not holding my breath, nor picking up the first book.)

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via Excel spreadsheet
Result: Success!

Eek! This month I spent MUCH more than I have this entire year. I blame it on the clothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been buying WAY too much clothing but lately I've been much better at restraining myself!

I reallyyyyy want to figure out how to meditate. I've tried several times and read a little about it and I just cannot quiet my mind to do it. What are your tricks?