Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Unemployed and Fabulous

That's it: I am officially unemployed!

Well, not quite...Here's the story: I gave my notice in April after working at the school for almost three years; three years of being unhappy with the school and my positions. It was time, and I had a meeting that finally pushed me over the edge, and so I told my principal I would not sign a new contract with them.

April, May, and June went surprisingly quick. My last day as a contracted employee was yesterday. Even though my contract goes through June 30, the building is closed today, tomorrow, and Friday for maintenance. (Yay for three free days off work!). However, I will return next week to train my replacement, and earn substitute pay for it, so it's not all bad. This pushes my official "last day" back some, which I'm ok with, especially since I have no other options.

Anyway, I am embracing unemployment and am determined to be "funemployed" for the summer, and not get too down about how I am super qualified and educated but can't find a job.

Today's agenda includes: lounging, gym, applying for jobs, and calling Comcast to yell at them about how my internet service has been sucky lately. Hope you have an equally exciting day, though hope you are not spending it unemployed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so funny. :) I love the "funemployed" I hope you can find something you LOVE! It makes all the difference in the world - loving your work.

Mary said...

"FUNemployed." Love it! Make it a great one!