Sunday, July 1, 2012

Resolution Update #6

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: 66% overall (bad)

A. Go to the gym once a week: 6/4 (150%!!!)
B. Stretch once a week: 2/4 (50%)
C. Drink a glass of green tea a week: 0/4 (0%)

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 33% overall (downright horrible)

A. Write in my journal once a week: 4/4 (100%!)
B. Meditate once a week: 0/4 (0%)
C. Only spend one hour on the internet every weekday, at home: 0/21 (0%)

Wow. For the month of July I really need to focus on mindfulness.

Resolution #3: See one movie a month in theater
Result: Success!

I saw Pixar's latest, Brave, in June. I always enjoy a Pixar movie, but this one felt very formulaic and stereotypical to me.

Resolution #4: Buy one piece of clothing a month
Result: Success!

I definitely reeled in my shopping during June; the only thing I bought was a sports bra (much needed!). Also, if you're wondering, Victoria's Secret's new line of sports bras is pretty good!

Resolution #5: Read two books per month
Result: Resounding success!

Yay for reading! This month I read Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi, Roller Skates by Ruth Sawyer, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien, and Savvy by Ingrid Law, all Newbery Medal winners or honor books. I particularly enjoy Savvy and Mrs. Frisby.

Finally, I read Bossypants by Tina Fey, and LOVED it! I know many people have already read this book, and I should have picked it up much earlier. The book was well-written (unsurprising, since Fey is a writer), funny, and doesn't get bogged down with too many personal details. I very much enjoyed reading it.

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via Excel
Result: Success!

According to my spreadsheet, my spending was very normal this month.

3 comments:

LLandL said...

i could definitely stand to improve on #1 and #6... kudos to you for keeping track, too! I always seem to let my goal fall to the wayside.

amlybo06 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry! That last comment was me but forgot to sign in under the correct name!

This is all awesome!!! I kinda want to read that Tina Fey book because I love her :) I also heard the VS sport bras were awesome (and on sale a couple weeks ago)!