Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Resolution Update #7

Here's how I did in July:

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: 33% (horrible)

A. Go to the gym once a week: 3/4 (75%)
B. Stretch once a week: 1/4 (25%)
C. Drink a glass of green tea once a week: 0/4 (0%)

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 42% (ugh)

A. Write in my journal once a week: 4/4 (100%!)
B. Meditate once a week: 1/4 (25%)
C. Only spend one hour on the internet every weekday, at home: 0/22 (0%)

Resolution #3: See one movie a month in theater
Result: Fail

Resolution #4: Buy one piece of clothing per month
Result: Resounding success!

I don't even think I can remember all the clothes I bought this month; new job necessitated new clothes!

Resolution #5: Read two books per month
Result: Success!

In July I read Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath, and it was a Newbery Honor Book. I wasn't blown away by this one. Next I read The Lost Continent: Travels in Small Town America by Bill Bryson. As always, it was great. This book was written in the late 80s, however, and I wish I was either old enough to have read it at the time, or that Bryson would do his trip again and write about current small town America.

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via Excel
Result: Eh

So I spent a lot of money in July, and did a pretty good job of tracking expenses until I went on vacation. It's vacation: money doesn't matter, right?

Monthly Recap: I didn't do too badly overall, but getting my new job (yay!) and going on vacation (yay!) made it hard to do things like go to the gym and meditate. Also, it costs money to start a new job (gotta look the part!); good thing I'm now making a lot more!

No comments: