Sunday, August 5, 2012

Yosemite

I was quiet at the end of last month because on was on vacation to California, southern and northern, with a large chunk spent in Yosemite National Park for a family reunion.

While at my parents' house, my mom and I spent time shopping for new work-appropriate clothes, and had success. We also did a bit of sewing, a lot of eating, and taking of family photos. The weather was almost enough to make me move back: cool in the morning and evening, and hot but breezy during the day; perfection. I spent a fair bit of time out in the garden.

We drove up to Yosemite in two separate cars, and I was with my dad. The drive to the central valley is beautiful, and then there is nothing to look at until you turn east into the mountains. Yosemite was beautiful, and we have a lot of family history there dating back to the turn of the (last) century. We spent three days in the valley, spending time with family and taking in the sights. It was a pretty good vacation, and I am very happy I could make it with the new job. See pictures below!

Golden hills, making our way to the central valley

First view of the valley...you can see Half Dome right in the very middle

From the back door of our hotel: Sentinel Rock

Merced River

View of Half Dome from Glacier Point

Valley meadow, so beautiful

Meadow grass. I took a video and downloaded it to my computer, then deleted it from my camera, not knowing it downloaded the video as ONE picture, and NOT a video. ALWAYS check before deleting things from your camera!!

Photo Credit: Me!

3 comments:

LLandL said...

beautiful pictures! oh, how i love the west!

Mary said...

It was a nice reunion, even if the communication was a little less-than-stellar. That picture of "First view of the valley" is stunning! I don't remember seeing that vista! It was so good to see you guys, too! And I'm so glad we keep up with each other with blogs and such. It makes it much sweeter when we do finally get together! Love you!

mommynolan said...

I sure wish I could have seen more of you! You are so stinking popular. thanks again for your sacrifice on behalf of my Mom.