Sunday, September 2, 2012

Resolution Update #8

Here's the break-down for August.

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: 17% (abysmal)

A. Go to the gym once a week: 0/4 (0%)
B. Stretch once a week: 1/4 (25%)
C. Drink a glass of green tea a week: 1/4 (25%)

This is pretty bad. I canceled my gym membership last month in favor of a closer gym on campus, but never got around to getting the new membership. Have to do that this month.

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 61%

A. Write in my journal once a week: 5/4 (125%!)
B. Meditate once a week: 0/4 (0%)
C. Only spend one hour on the internet every weekday at home: 13/23 (57%!)

Resolution #3: See one movie a month in theater
Result: Fail

Resolution #4: Buy one piece of clothing per month
Result: Resounding success!!

I'm so excited about the clothes I bought in August: two blazers, two dresses, and a belt. All work appropriate and cute; they make me feel like a grown-up.

Resolution #5: Read two books per month
Result: Fail

Wow. This is the first time I ever failed this resolution. That's because for most of August (and a bit of July...) I was reading Great Expectations, which is, as we all remember from 9th grade English class, freaking long. It took me forever to get through, though I enjoyed reading it again. Pip and Estella are totally not meant for each other (sorry Pip), and I picked up on much more of the humor as an adult.

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via spreadsheet
Result: Half-assed

I tracked my expenses for the first few weeks of August, then let it slip, as I was buying a lot on my new income. Oops. Still solvent though, which is the important thing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Resolution #?: Owning up to my sh***. Result: Awesome. :-) Love you.