Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Boring

I haven't written much this month because there's not a lot to write about: I've been boring. My new job has kind of taken up a lot of my energy, in a great way, and I just haven't been doing too much outside of work.

Still, an update: I hurt my back this weekend playing badminton (?) and it's pretty painful. Sunday and this morning were particularly bad, but this evening it feels better. I've got to be careful and take it easy; now I know what it feels like to be old. :-/

This weekend I am moving to the third floor! I forget what a hassle moving is, and this is no exception, even though I've hired movers. It's just a lot of things to remember: change address with all companies, clean, sort through stuff, pack (ugh), unscrew all the stuff I installed. But the third floor should prove quieter and sunnier, so overall it's a good thing. Plus, my landlord emailed me today and told me he was going to install a free pot rack, so hey!

As far as reading goes, Great Expectations has been my bane this month. I am very much enjoying re-reading it, but it's taking forever. I may need to put it down and pick up a library book, because I'm not going to finish GE before the library book is due back.

And that is basically it. What's going on in your life?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you hurt your back! Yikes. That's no bueno.