Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Unimaginative Title

Ack! Where has November gone? Before I knew it, I had only blogged once this entire month, and it is now November 27. Haven't been up to much, but a few updates...

1. I have a mouse. A cute little gray mouse that likes to pop out when I'm sitting at my computer, nice and quiet. I find this cute, but also ballsy. Little mouse just wants to say hello, but now I have seen it, and can't let it go: it will have to die.

2. Thanksgiving was good, I went to my family in the suburbs. Decent food, but the weekend was memorable because I saw Lincoln, which was good, but more memorable because I saw Skyfall, which was awesome. If you haven't seen it, do. Plus, it's also nice to have four straight days off from work.

3. I detoxed for a week this month! No dairy, meat, caffeine, gluten, or packaged foods, and to be honest, it wasn't so hard. I got a migraine on Tuesday from lack of caffeine I think, and felt slightly sickly early in the week, but otherwise felt great. I ate a lot of salads, but some hot food too. I may try to do it once a month, because it made me feel really good. Focusing on my health and body like that made me feel strong. I also went to the gym once more per week than usual, and stretched for half an hour on the days I didn't go to the gym. I also did a media fast and didn't want any TV, listen to NPR, or waste time online. And I didn't miss any of it, which was the interesting part.

4. It's chilly in Chicago, 38 degrees and I write this. Bah humbug to winter.

5. My family arrives in less than a month, for Christmas! I'm excited.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree. Screw winter! But love you. :-)