Sunday, December 2, 2012

Resolutions Update #11

Another year almost finished; that makes almost three years of resolution updates. Here's November.

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: 90%, almost perfect

A. Go to the gym once a week: 4/4 (100%!)
B. Stretch once a week: 5/4 (120%!!)
C. Drink a glass of green tea a week: 2/4 (50%)

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 46%

A. Write in my journal once a week: 2/4 (50%)
B. Meditate once a week: 1/4 (25%)
C. Only spend one hour on the internet every weekday at home: 14/22 (64%)

Resolution #3: See one movie a month in theater
Result: Resounding success!

I took advantage of the long Thanksgiving weekend and went to see two movies: Lincoln and Skyfall. Lincoln was interesting, and definitely looks like Oscar material, but Skyfall really blew me away: it was everything a Bond film should be, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to own it!

Resolution #4: Buy one piece of clothing per month
Result: Success!

The only thing I bought in November was an infinity scarf. I love how it makes me feel so cozy.

Resolution #5: Read two books per month
Result: Success!

Last month I read M.C. Higgins, the Great, by Virginia Hamilton, a Newbery winner. It took me a few chapters to get into the book; I kept thinking how weird I thought this novel was, and it is a bit weird, but overall I enjoyed it.

I then read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is my favorite Potter.

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via Excel spreadsheet
Result: Success

I duly noted my purchases this month, but to be honest, tracking has lost it's interest for me. I no longer record my receipts daily, and it has gotten to be almost less than once a week. I don't find it as necessary now that I make more money, but that is ridiculous, becuase it's still interesting to see where my money goes.

No comments: