Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: Year in Review

The end of my third year of blogging about my resolutions! For a reminder and scorecard of my 2012 resolutions, see below:

Resolutions

1. Be good to my body
A. Go to the gym once a week: 41/52 (79%)
B. Stretch once a week: 29/52 (56%)
C. Drink a glass of green tea once a week: 15/52 (29%)

2. Be more mindful
A. Write in my journal once a week: 52/52 (100%!)
B. Meditate once a week: 17/52 (33%)
C. Only spend one hour on the internet every weekday, at home: 72/365 (20%)

3. See one movie a month in theater: 10/12 (83%)

4. Buy one piece of clothing per month: 36/12 (300%!)

5. Read two books per month: 47/24 (196%!). Of these books, I would particularly recommend The Paradox of Choice, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, Bossypants, and any of the Alexander McCall Smith books

6. Keep track of my finances via Excel spreadsheet: pretty good overall

Goals


1. Take a proper vacation: of at least three days, stay in a hotel, travel via plane: accomplished! I went to Puerto Rico in April, and had a fun time

2. Volunteer at a museum or the library: fail. However, I did start volunteering with a sustainability group on campus in November, though I did only make it to one meeting. Here's hoping that effort is increased in 2013.

3. Save $50 a month: accomplished! I saved a total of $1,870 in 2012, which averages to $156 per month.

4. Learn new things: such as, new knitting pattern, how to change my blog interface, etc.: This did not go quite to plan, but I think that's because it wasn't specific enough. I did, however, learn more about blog interface, and made myself this lovely new blog!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you'll be taking another vacation soon! :-) Can't WAIT!