Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Resolutions

New year, and new resolutions! Some are the same as years past (I will see twleve movies in theater this year!) and some are new. I have changed some resolutions to either make them more managable for myself, based on last year's results, or increased the amount as a challenge. This is what I'll hold myself accountable for this year.

Resolutions

1. Be good to my body
A. Go to the gym once a week
B. Stretch once a week
C. Drink a glass of green tea once a week

2. Be more mindful
A. Write in my journal once a week
B. Meditate twice a month

3. See one movie a month in theater

4. Buy once piece of clothing per month

5. Read three books a month; amended to add the following caveats: must read 5 non-fiction books; 3 books from the following genres: graphic novels, science fiction, and horror; and 2 biographies

6. Keep track of my finances via Excel; amended to add the following caveat: must record where I bought items, and not just the cost of the item

Monthly Goals: Do More in Chicago

1. January: Go iceskating
2. February: Visit Adler Planetarium
3. March: Go to the St. Patrick's Day Parade
4. April: Take a city tour
5. May: Go to the Green City Market
6. June: Have a drink at a rooftop bar
7. July: Eat at The Taste
8. August: Go to the Air and Water Show
9. September: Walk on the SkyDeck of the Willis (Sears) Tower
10. October: Tour Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House
11. November: Eat a Chicago Dog at Portillo's
12. December: Go to Zoo Lights at the Lincoln Park Zoo

These are mostly things I've never done before, and is my no means an exhaustive account, but at least this should get me out and do more in this fun city.

Yearly Goals

1. Save $100 a month
2. Be more creative
(This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately, but it is hard to quantify (write one poem a week! paint one picture a month!). So, I put in on my yearly goals to remind myself to do, but at the end of the year probably will not have any way to quantify).
3. Travel internationally

1 comment:

Mary said...

Very nice. I like your list of things to do in Chicago. I should make a list like that for SLC.