Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Grumpy Pants

I rarely have one of those days that are all wrong: where nothing goes right, I get stressy, and I am over the day even though it might only be 9:36am. Yesterday I had one of those days.

The details aren't really important, but I kept messing up: names, meeting dates, payments, you name it. I was in a failure-fog and couldn't find my way out. At one point my boss told me I needed to "really get things straight" after she corrected me for the third time. Ugh. The worst part is that I knew that stuff, but it was all coming out of my mouth and fingertips wrong.

I took a walk at lunch and that helped make me feel better, but then I royally screwed up a meeting in the afternoon, and even though it all ended up fine, it made me feel like a loser. So I came home yesterday and drank half a bottle of wine and watched Dexter, which made me feel a lot better. I may mess up, but there's no way I'm going to be arrested as a serial killer.

Anyway, in the spirit of this blog, I should focus on the good things and not the bad:

1. I'm going to Vegas this weekend!
2. I just ate a delicious piece of dark chocolate
3. Tomorrow I'm meeting friends that I haven't seen in a long time downtown for drinks
4. The high temperatures will be in the 40s this week

Hoping your bad days are few and far between.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry you had a bad day. :( BUT we're gonna have an AWESOME weekend!! See you soon!(P.S. Love Dexter!)