Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Day of Spring

It's officially spring! The high in Chicago today was 28! I'm so ready for the weather to cooperate with the calendar, it's not even funny. It was actually colder this week than it was for much of December and January. The just-sprouted plants are going to crawl back into the dirt. I've been in a springly state of mind lately, though, to help make up for the disappointing reality: all I want to do is wear dresses and eat radishes, and I dream about drinking at roof-top bars.

My birthday was this past weekend, and it was low-key and lovely. I spent it downtown, mostly wandering in and out of stores and window shopping, because nothing really grabbed my attention. I saw Oz the Great and Powerful which I thought was well done, and not too silly for being a remake. I got my nails done. And I ate at The Gage, a gastro-pub that I've been turned away from twice before because it was too busy. I had fondue, fish and chips, and butter cake, all of which was good, but not all that flavorful. But, worth the calories.

I recently came across this website on Pinterest, and I can't stop looking at the outfits. It's giving me lots of ideas for my own wardrobe, but really, I think she's going to run out of ideas soon. The biggest thing I'm learning from this website is to have some really good basics that can be worn with lots of other things. My current pair of work pants (only one pair!) are old, out of shape, and not flattering anymore (I have my suspicions to if they ever were flattering...), so new work pants are first on my list. It's amazing how hard it is to find a simple, professional pair of black pants.

Happy spring, hope it's warmer where you are!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luckily, it's been warm in Utah! Happy belated birthday!! :-) I'll definitely be checking out that website.