Sunday, March 10, 2013

It's Suddenly One Hour Later

Happy spring forward Sunday to you! I'm not a huge fan of the time changes--either in spring or fall--because one makes me feel lazy in a slow way, because I have an extra hour to accomplish things, and the other makes me feel lazy in a rushed way, because I now have one less hour in which to accomplish things. However, it's only just past 9am, which is still an ok time to be lounging around, even though it's suddenly one hour later. 

I wish I could say that I've started dating some cute new guy, or hitting the gym extra hard, or suddenly found a better social life, to explain my absence from this blog, but alas, none are true. The biggest explanation for my lack of posts is work, and the fact that I can't seem to think of anything to write about.

My birthday is coming up, and I can't even seem to think about it or plan anything to do. Maybe I'll have a brainwave this week about how to celebrate my day of birth.

The good news is that spring is right around the corner. Though there are still piles of snow lying around, green shoots are popping out of the ground and the trees are budding. This makes me quite happy. I'm ready for warm days and breezes and al fresco dining.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are worth CELEBRATING! You definitely need to do something for your birthday. Even if it means just something for you like getting a pedicure. If I were in Chicago, I'd take you to dinner!

Mary said...

AMEN! (And Happy Birthday!)