Sunday, April 8, 2012

Resolution Update #3

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: Excellent! 100% average!

A. Go to the gym once a week: 6/4 (150%!!!!!)
B. Stretch once a week: 4/4 (100%!)
C. Drink one glass of green tea a week: 2/4 (50%)

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 78%

A. Write in my journal once a week: 3/4 (75%)
B. Meditate once a week: 4/4 (100%)
C. Only spend one hour on the internet every weekday at home: ok... (60%) To be honest, I forgot about this resolution nearly every day. I must make a calendar to track this.

Resolution #3: See a movie in theater once a month
Result: Fail

Resolution #4: Buy one piece of clothing per month
Result: Success!

I bought new underwear in March, which I really needed!

Resolution #5: Read two books per month
Result: Resounding success!

Last month I reread one of my own books--yes, a "bodice-ripper"--titled The Bride's Bodyguard by Elizabeth Thornton. It was one of the first romance novels I ever read, and it's fun to go back.

Next I read The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens. It's another young adult novel, and I saw it at a bookstore and was intrigued; so, I borrowed it from the library. It's the first in a magical series, and I liked it, but wasn't blown away. Apparently the author used to write for Gilmore Girls, so that's kind of cool.

Finally, I finished The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Conan Doyle. Now that I have a Kindle, I am all about getting books for free, and have downloaded a few out-of-copyright classics. This one was written in small vignettes, which I didn't expect. I quite enjoyed reading this classic, and might move on to other Sherlock Holmes' stories.

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via Excel
Result: Success!

Ugh, I spent more in March than in both January and February, and the majority of it on dining out. Must, must, MUST reel that in this month!

No comments: