Sunday, March 3, 2013

Resolution Update #2

Resolution #1: Be good to my body
Result: 133%!

A. Go to the gym once a week: 3/4 (75%)
B. Stretch once a week: 3/4 (75%)
C. Drink a glass of green tea once a week: 10/4 (250%!)

Resolution #2: Be more mindful
Result: 50%

A. Write in my journal once a week: 4/4 (100!%)
B. Meditate twice a month: 0/4 (0%)

Resolution #3: See one movie a month in theater
Result: Success!

On the last day of February I headed to my new local theater to see Amour. It was lovely, sad, heartwarming, and intense, all at once.

Resolution #4: Buy once piece of clothing per month
Result: Success!

I bought two cute dresses this month, a tie, a bunch of (much needed) new underwear, and some new work pants that I'm still iffy about.

Resolution #5: Read three books a month
Result: Success!

In February I read Time For Andrew: A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn, a book I've had since I was much younger; Criss Cross by Lynee Rae Perkins, a Newbery Medal winner, and an overall lovely book, exactly the type of story I wish I could write; M is for Magic by Neil Gaiman; and the last in the Hunger Games triology, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

Resolution #6: Keep track of my finances via Excel spreadsheet
Result: Success

I recorded all my spending, and it totaled to too much last month, ugh. I MUST STOP SPENDING MONEY ON FOOD.

February Goal: Visit Adler Planetarium
Result: Success!

I headed to Adler After Dark a few weeks ago with a coworker, the Planetarium's after-hours professional mingler. It was alright: there were a lot of people, mostly younger and in couples, but the theme was Chinese New Year, so there was some traditional dancing and fun drinks. I didn't really get a chance to actually see any of the exhibits, but we did see one of the shows that explained constellations. I will probably need to go back at some point to learn more about actual astronomy, but at least it was a decent first experience.

No comments: